Date:      Wed, 6 Oct 1999 11:27:44 +0800
From:      Yusuf Goolamabbas <yusufg@outblaze.com>
To:        Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Trying to achieve zen with natd

> That doesn't really make any sense...  Is fxp1 attached to your
> private network, or the public network?

Both, some machines on that network have valid routable address and some
machines have non routable addresses. Therefore I have aliased a 192.168
on this interface

What I would like is packets coming via this aliased interface get
NAT'ted to the public interface which is also bound to the same card
This card is connected to a switch which connects via a router to the
WAN interface

This machine also has a second NIC which connects to a different switch
and then on via a router to a different WAN interface

The current function of this box is to act as router to get to/fro from
machines in the different ISP segments without the packets leaving the
premises and going through the IX. This works very well. Now, I would
also like it to be a NAT box

From what I read of NAT, it usually requires 2 NIC's, one to the
internal (192.168) network and the other NIC to the external one.
What I need to do is to make this work with one NIC bound to 2 different
IP addresses. Is this possible ?