Date:      7 Sep 1999 13:50:11 -0700
From:      wwoods@cybcon.com
To:        jcwells@u.washington.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: StarOffice 5.1..

Yea, I have tried StarOffice 5.1 on freebsd, it "works" but I have noticed that some functionality is broken, and it really doesn't liske SMP at all.

Also, StarOfice is FREE where as Applix is not. Also, does Applix convert Word97 documents? How about Excell and or Access?

I would really rather not spend the $99.00 (or whatever Applix will cost) if it will not read Word97 and Excell97 formats), where as the StarOffice 5.1 will read them on my linux box.

On Tue, 07 September 1999, "Jason C. Wells" wrote:

> On 7 Sep 1999 wwoods@cybcon.com wrote:
>
> >Since (as far as I know) Sun is going to release the source for
> >StarOffice 5.1 sometime (anybody have any ideas when), does this mean a
> >port/pkg for freebsd is in the makeing?
>
> I dont know about that. A freebsd port of Applix was in the making.
>
> Linux StarOffice should run under Linux emulation. I have not tried this
> myself. I can say that StarOffice 3x ran fine.
>
> Thank You, 	| http://students.washington.edu/jcwells
> Jason Wells	| "Those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither
> 		| freedom nor security." - Benjamin Franklin

William
Our funds have Star Power. Explore our site and share your investment
ideas and real-life experiences. Find the Transamerica Premier Fund that's
right for you. Visit
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;529412;3450872;h?http://www.transamericafunds.
com/legal.html