Date:      Sun, 6 Apr 2008 16:23:23 -0700
From:      "Kelly Jones" <kelly.terry.jones@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, nmlug@nmlug.org, nmosug-l@mailman.swcp.com
Subject:   Line-by-line mode for ssh?

Telnet has a line-by-line mode that's really useful on a slow
connection: you can type in an entire line of text and hit return
instead of having to type one character at a time.

Is there anything similar for ssh?

I tried tunelling port 23 on my machine to port 22 on the remote
machine and then doing "telnet localhost 23", but this seemed kludgey
+ didn't work (as I sort of expected, it just connected me to sshd).

I suppose I could run telnet locally on the remote machine or
something, but is there a cleaner solution?