Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 1999 12:16:56 +0200
From:      Juergen Nickelsen <ni@tellique.de>
To:        Kevin Weiss <kevin.weiss@mail.utexas.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: what is you favorite shell?

Kevin Weiss wrote on freebsd-questions:

> I use bash for my users, and csh for my root.  I've heard many knocks
> against bash though...what do you think?

Sure, Bash is bloatware in some respects (and, so I've heard, buggy in
others), but I have not found another shell that I found as
"comfortable" and convenient. On the other hand, if it had command and
filename completion, I'd switch to /bin/sh.

I use /bin/sh for root, but actually I do most root work with "sudo
bash". At my home system, root's /bin/sh checks if /usr/local/bin/bash
exists and execs it.

--
Juergen Nickelsen <ni@tellique.de>
Tellique Kommunikationstechnik GmbH