Date:      Wed, 07 Jul 2004 13:40:53 -0400
From:      Duane Winner <duanewinner@att.net>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   APM and DRI lockups when suspending

Does anybody know if there is a workaround for the problem with DRI and
APM within X?

If I load the DRI module in my XF86Config file, and attempt to suspend
my laptop, the system freezes on resume, then reboots.

If I comment out the line "Load dri" out of the Module section in
/etc/X11/XF86Config, all is well.

But now I don't have direct rendering capability, correct? I don't think
I have any apps yet that need direct rendering, so it probably isn't a
huge deal (yet), but I would like to have it enable if possible.

Does anybody know of a solution or simple workaround for this problem?

Thanks,
Duane Winner