Date:      Wed, 28 Dec 2011 10:26:44 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        Pawel Tyll <ptyll@nitronet.pl>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org, "Alexander V. Chernikov" <melifaro@freebsd.org>, freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Firewall Profiling.

Hello, Luigi.
You wrote 27 =E4=E5=EA=E0=E1=F0=FF 2011 =E3., 18:26:00:

> plans, yes - not sure how long it will take. I have compiled
> ipfw+dummynet as a standalone module (outside the kernel)
> but have not yet hooked the code to netmap to figure out how fast
> it can run.
 I still don't understand why it should be faster than "normal" way,
as it is essentially same (ipfw + dummynet) code + some additional
context switches for netmap (to userland and back).
 What does netmap shave off from packet processing in this particular
case, to compensate context switches? I

--=20
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>