Date:      Wed, 03 Dec 1997 14:01:30 +0000
From:      Juan Jose Comellas <jjc@newage.com.ar>
To:        Carlos Carvalho <carlos@fisica.ufpr.br>
Cc:        aic7xxx@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: does aha2940UW work with Seagate LVD disks?

>Seagate announces an "ultra2" interface supposedly capable of 80MHz
>transfer rates, the low-voltage-differential. Which aha will work with
>these disks? Must it be a differential board?
>
>Carlos

What you need is the Adaptec AHA-2940U2W. I saw it at Comdex with a 12
meter cable connected to an external hard drive (if I remember correctly).
Supposedly, you can also use your normal Ultra and Ultra Wide devices with
this controller. And yes, it is differential SCSI controller.
I don't know if it is already shipping, but if not, I think that it should
be available this month.

Juan Jose Comellas
(jjc@newage.com.ar)