Date:      Tue, 1 Apr 2003 14:15:52 -0500
From:      Andrew Arensburger <arensb+freebsd-questions@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        Gerard Samuel <gsam@trini0.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Unlocking CDROM

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 11:43:48AM -0500, Gerard Samuel wrote:
> and I mounted an ata cdrom via mount, viewed the disk, got out of the
> /cdrom directory, and issued unmount /cdrom.
> Via df, it is no longer mounted.
> But Im unable to eject the CD from the front panel.  I remember that
> there was an eject command for scsi cdroms, but
> not sure if they exist for ata cdroms.
>
> What can be done to unlock the drive?

	cdcontrol -f /dev/acd0c eject

(I think it's "-f"; I don't have a FreeBSD machine handy.) However, if
you can't eject it with the "eject" button, then I don't think
'cdcontrol' will work.

--
Andrew Arensburger, Systems guy         University of Maryland
arensb@umd.edu                          Office of Information Technology