Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 1997 22:00:08 -0700
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@sns.com>
To:        install@freebsd.org, joed@ksu.edu
Subject:   Re: Installation of FreeBSD on a headless pc?

At 09:56 PM 4/10/97 -0500, Joe Diehl wrote:
>Essentially I'm looking at building a FreeBSD based firewall.. The
>machine is going to be headless, and so I'd just assume not have to
>take my desktop workstation apart for the monitor and video card.

I'm not sure how FreeBSD would react, but your PC won't boot without a
video card installed. You should get beeps if you try to boot without one.
So you're going to need to find a video card somewhere (EGA would probably
work for booting, if FreeBSD doesn't mind).

--Ludwig Pummer
ludwigp@sns.com     ICQ UIN: 692441    http://chipweb.home.ml.org
             http://www.sns.com/~ludwigp  <--^-- Updated 11/22/96
PGP Key & Geek Code available on web page