Date:      Sun, 23 Mar 1997 10:59:25 GMT
From:      Bob Bishop <rb@gid.co.uk>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-current@freebsd.org

At 12:26 am -0000 23/3/97, Terry Lambert wrote:
>>ports.
>> >
>> >That was my impression reading this exchange as well.
>> >
>> >I think we still have issues with propagation of signals to the
>> >other processes in a process group when the group leader is signalled,
>> >as well.
>>
>> Quite likely; but I think that's a separate issue.
>
>That depends on how the shutdown is sending it's SIGHUP to everybody.

Yeah, but being attached to a terminal is a session thang not a process
group thang.

Opening this particular can of worms is probably a Bad Idea, but at the
very least the relevant man pages appear to be missing some detail.

I for one would be very grateful for a _concise_ description of how the
whole signals/exit/pg's/sessions thing is supposed to work as it stands.

If anyone is prepared to take the position that it ain't broke, I would
value a _concise_ justification of that position.

If anyone mentions POSIX, I'm likely to go into a sulk :-|

--
Bob Bishop              (0118) 977 4017  international code +44 118
rb@gid.co.uk        fax (0118) 989 4254  between 0800 and 1800 UK