Date:      Sat, 03 May 2008 12:31:09 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Mike Clarke <jmc-freebsd@milibyte.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Operation not permitted" at end of portupgrade

--------------enigE26260372811BFD5B25A8AF3

Mike Clarke wrote:

> Operation not permitted - /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg/libc.so.5
> Operation not permitted - /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg/libc_r.so.5
> Operation not permitted - /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg/libcrypt.so.2
> Operation not permitted - /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg/libpthread.so.1
> Operation not permitted - /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg/libthr.so.1
>=20
> The permissions on all these files are -r--r--r--. Should I change them=
=20
> to  -rwxr-xr-x like the rest of the files in that directory or just=20
> ignore it?

That's actually because those are backup copies of system shared librarie=
(probably from the compat5x port) which have the system immutable bit
set on them.

Use 'ls -lo' to see what flags are set.

Use 'chflags -0 filename' to unset any flags: note your ability to do
this depends on the kern.securelevel setting.  If 'sysctl kern.secureleve=
l'
returns greater than zero, then you'll need to reboot into single user in=

order to modify those files.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20