Date:      Thu, 01 May 1997 23:40:29 +1000
From:      Nijel <nam68@ozemail.com.au>
To:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PPP under FreeBSD HELP PLEASE.

Hi,

I loaded FreeBSD 2.2.1 release.
It works fine, but I have been having trouble getting a PPP server
going.
I have had several attempts, but all have failed.

What, I want to do, is set FreeBSD so users from other machines can
connect
to mine via the Modem, and run programs like Netscape, CuteFTP, and so
on.
Just like you do on the Internet, is this possible with FreeBSD. (I
should Think So)

I need to know what I need to do, to set this up, I have read the
documents on the
FreeBSD web page, and is a little hard to get going right.

I have the WWW packages, but cant extract them with TAR, it tells me no
files in
archive, but there are, I can extract them using TAR for DOS.

I mainly want the PPP server running, so I can setup so others can dial
into my
machine.

Can you please help out here. I have others help me, and I greatly thank
them, but
nothing has come of it yet.

In basic terms, I want WWW, NEWS, FTP, MAIL running, so users can use
Windows95, OS/2
and so on, when connected to my FreeBSD.

Cheers

nam68@ozemail.com.au