Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 1999 07:04:21 -0500
From:      "Kim J. Brand" <kim@simple-mail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   freebsd/linux meeting

i've been asked to make a presentation to about 30-40 technology oriented
business leaders on my experience using FreeBSD, Linux and the open source
movement generally.  an article featuring a mail/print/file server
application i developed for a local grade school was printed last week in
the business section of the Indianapolis Star.

the meeting will be held in Indianapolis May 19th.  my background is
technical, but i'm not VERY technical about FreeBSD's
potential/applications/etc.  i'd like some help if someone can be here on
the 19th.

i have a few ideas for an interesting presentation.  like: while i'm giving
a backgrounder on where open source came from, who's using it, why,
etc...another person is installing it on a system just to show how easy it
is to get started.  by the time my remarks are finished, the system is up
and running and maybe even doing something useful.  i could supply the system.

what do you think?  please let me know.

kim brand