Date:      Fri, 21 Jan 2000 19:04:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      bobj@atlantic.net
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   docs/16288: Typos from FreeBSD Handbook, Chapter 3.

>Number:         16288
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       Typos from FreeBSD Handbook, Chapter 3.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Noticed the following typos in Chapter 3 of Handbook.  URL references
are to web pages on which the typos are found in the on-line
version.

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/basics.html
"These manuals can be view with the man command."
should be "These manuals can be viewed with the man
command."  I.e. "view" should be "viewed".

Same page, i.e. http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/basics.html
"So, you are looking at all those fancy commands in /usr/bin
but do not even have the faintest idea what most of them
actually do?"  I think "even have" should be "have even",
so it reads "So, you are looking at all those fancy commands
in /usr/bin but do not have even the faintest idea what most
of them actually do?"  I am not comfortable breaking up the
phrase "do not have" by putting a modifier in the middle of it,
particularly since the modifier "even" actually seems to
modify the next phrase("the slightest idea"), rather than
the phrase it now appears in.  The author's intent may be
different than my interpretation, though, so there is room
for argument here.

>How-To-Repeat:
View the referenced URLs.
>Fix:
Implement my changes suggested above if you agree with them.