Date:      Tue, 6 Jun 2006 23:56:43 +0200
From:      boink <lordboink@gmail.com>
To:        "Juha Saarinen" <juhasaarinen@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compile courier-imap 4.1.1 fails (/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpcre)

On 06/06/06, Juha Saarinen <juhasaarinen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why not use courier-imap from the ports collection?

Juha,

Thank you for your prompt response.

As I mentioned, the port also *apparently* fails to find pcre:
<quote>
conftest.c:33:23: pcre/pcre.h: No such file or directory
</quote>

In addition, by default, the port includes options I don't want, and
omits some that I do want (although I could change this).

Risk averse, I don't want to proceed without either fixing the problem
building from source, or continuing with the port, assured not to have
problems later.

Still stuck!

Can anyone help?
boink