Date:      Wed, 16 Mar 2005 23:27:28 +0200 (EET)
From:      Jari Kirma <kirma@cs.hut.fi>
To:        Adam Weinberger <adamw@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: typo on http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/faq210.html

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Adam Weinberger wrote:

> Jari Kirma wrote:
>>
>> On the first section ("What is new in GNOME 2.10?"):
>>
>> "FreeBSD support for CPU frequency monitoring, ACPI power management,
>> wireless single strength monitoring for all supported drivers, and disk
>> read/write utilization"
>>
>> ... "single" should obviously be "signal".
>
> No, this is correct. It only monitors one signal strength at a time.

Oh, multiple concurrent values confused users to such an extent that this
major change was made? ;>

Seriously, I haven't tried Gnome on FreeBSD system equipped with wireless
NIC. I would seriously enjoy seeing multiple signal strengths across
several channels, while using the same adapter for data. I have to analyse
wlan coverage on my faculty at work from time to time (drawing nice
multiple signal strength maps). My current solution is custom channel
hopper + signal strength analyzer on iBook, interpolating between
timestamped waypoints from floor map application and drawing the stuff
with General Mapping Tools.

-kirma