Date:      Sun, 29 Sep 1996 11:40:25 -0400
From:      dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        guido@gvr.win.tue.nl
Subject:   Re: stack

>>> The resulting file did not conatin only zero's. I think this is weird.
>>
>>No, again, I believe this is perfectly within the language specification.
>
>Acessing uninitialized variables gives undefined behaviour.  A high
>quality implementation could send you mail about it.

The bottom line is that in Programming 101 all stack (local) variables
were to be assumed to be uninitialized. Nothing has changed, and if
they have they shouldn't have.

Dennis
Emerging Technologies, Inc.      http://www.etinc.com

Synchronous PC Cards and Routers For Discriminating
Tastes. 56k to T1 and beyond. Frame Relay, PPP, HDLC,
and X.25 for BSD/OS, FreeBSD and LINUX.