Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2002 15:02:13 +0200
From:      Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@web.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86, german keyboard: make the comma key actually print a comma. How?

Hi all,

maybe someone can help me on this:
I am trying to teach XFree to print a comma (,) when hitting the appropriate key on the key pad. The keycode is 91 so I created .Xmodmap in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/ and it contains "keycode 91 = comma". If I understood /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc right, it looks if .Xmodmap exists, if so, it sets this as the system wide Xmodmap. But I can't make it work. I always have a full-stop (.) when hitting the comma key on my key pad.

Any help would be appreciated,

Jan Lentfer