Date:      Fri, 24 May 1996 18:58:03 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        joe@ns.via.net, louie@TransSys.COM, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: The view from here (was Re: ISDN Compression Load on CPU)

> :   - Make the lack of keyboard and video a non-error
>
> I'd love to see something like that.  Would save me $20/machine that I
> press into router service :-).

This a BIOS POST error.  You need a different BIOS to make it work.

It's pretty easy to hack one by hacking the INT 10 and INT 16 stuff
into NOP's in an image of your current BIOS, and burn a new one
into your EEPROM's.

Or you can do the "keyboard dongle" thing.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.