Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 1997 23:38:25 -0800
From:      "Neil C. Jensen" <njensen@habaneros.com>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   mysqlperl and FreeBSD 2.2

I have another strange problem with mysqlperl on FreeBSD2.2:

If I'm running as a normal user and try and execute a perl script using the
mysql module, I get the following error message:

bash-2.00$ ./mysql_test
1..44
(null): Undefined symbol "_cuserid" called from
perl:/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-freebsd/auto/Mysql/Mysql.so at
0x81273c4

If I su to root and run the same script, it runs without problems. I've
checked the environment variables and they seem to be consistent between my
user id and when I'm su'd in as root.

This is repeatable, with different scripts.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

Neil