Date:      Wed, 1 Nov 2006 20:20:41 -0700
From:      "Gene Dinkey" <gderama@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compatible SATA controllers?

I'm running FreeBSD 6.0 Release and am looking for a compatible 32bit PCI
SATA controller.  I don't need, and can't afford, a hardware RAID solution
so I'm planing on building my storage on vinum.  I checked
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.0R/hardware-i386.html for compatible
controllers but from what I can see all that is supported are SATA RAID
controllers.

Does anyone know of a SATA controller or chipset that is known to work
fairly well with FreeBSD (even if not officially supported)?

Please CC me on the reply as I am not a regular mailing list subscriber.

Thank you in advance

Gene Dinkey