Date:      Mon, 2 Jan 2012 23:04:39 +0000
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Holger Kipp <Holger.Kipp@alogis.com>
Subject:   Re: periodic emails

<bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>:
>=20
>> why do we send all these empty headings for periodic emails
>=20
> It contains the info what has been done, so you know that the jobs =
have been performed correctly. If it does not contain the section =
headings, the jobs might not have been run at all.
>=20
> I like it the way it is... exactly for this reason

Yeah, that's why I asked for "knobs".  I don't want these daily emails.
I am fine if in that case I'll get the weekly summary or something long
these lines.  I always assume that on error cron or the scripts will
spam me anyway.

But I don't need the electrons wasted to handle the email, the TLS, and
delivery, the storage and the time to skip them every day if they have
nothing to say;-)

/bz

--=20
   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!=