Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 23:00:25 +0000 (GMT)
From:      tim@scratch.demon.co.uk
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sendmail error message

Hi,

I have been having some mail problems - trying to move away from
fetchmail, however since I lost all contact with the outside world I
have started using it again.

I am trying to get sendmail running properly with queueing so that my
messages get sent once per day. I am getting error messages in my
console window:

sendmail[208]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR: putoutmsg (NO-HOST): error on output channel
sending "451 fill_fd: before main() initmaps: fd 1 not open: Bad file descriptor": Input/output error
sendmail[208]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): fill_fd: before main() initmaps: fd 1 not open: Bad file
descriptor
sendmail[208]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): fill_fd: before main() initmaps: fd 2 not open: Bad file
descriptor

here is my mc file

divert(-1)
#
##
#
divert(0)dnl

VERSIONID(`@(#)franklin.mc      $Revision: 1.4 $')
OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dnl
DOMAIN(generic)dnl
FEATURE(relay_based_on_MX)dnl
FEATURE(mailertable, `hash -o /etc/mail/mailertable')dnl
FEATURE(access_db, hash -o /etc/mail/access')dnl
FEATURE(blacklist_recipients)dnl
FEATURE(virtusertable, `hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertable')dnl
dnl Uncomment to activate Realtime Blackhole List (recommended!)
dnl FEATURE(rbl)dnl
FEATURE(local_lmtp)dnl
define(`LOCAL_MAILER_FLAGS', LOCAL_MAILER_FLAGS`'P)dnl
define(`confCW_FILE', `-o /etc/mail/sendmail.cw')dnl
define(`confNO_RCPT_ACTION', `add-to-undisclosed')dnl
define(`confMAX_MIME_HEADER_LENGTH', `256/128')dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
dnl This is required for smtpd
dnl MAILER(uucp)dnl
Cwlocalhost
Cwfranklin.matlink
MASQUERADE_AS(`scratch.demon.co.uk')dnl
FEATURE(allmasquerade)dnl
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
FEATURE(nocanonify)dnl
dnl FEATURE(nodns)dnl
define(SMART_HOST, `post.demon.co.uk')dnl
Dmfranklin.matlink
define(`confDOMAIN_NAME',`franklin.matlink')dnl
define(`confDELIVERY_MODE',`deferred')dnl
dnl define(`LOCAL_MAILER_PATH',`/usr/local/bin/procmail')dnl

Since there is this error message I am not sure if it will go tonight
or if I'll have to send it direct from my mailer so I will send it
direct as Incoming mail is not a problem.

It may go tonight as well - sorry if it gets repeated

Thanks for any help