Date:      Wed, 28 May 1997 08:03:19 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        luigi@iet.unipi.it, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bt848 status, comments and diffs

Hi Luigi,

I am going to work on your mods is just that I am on my regular
work schedule.

As for your clipping idea , the existing clipping algorithm was
designed for ease of programmability specially with respect to
X. I decided to leave the smarts to the driver rather than
to the programmer. As it is today no one is using the clipping code
even though is pretty easy to use.

The good thing about the existing scenario is that no one is using
the clipping code;hence, we can provide both methods .

Last but not least lets shoot for a checking by Monday . Not that interested
in having various versions of the Bt848 driver floating around.
I was planning to checking the existing code at my ftp site by this
Friday however given that your mods are useful and not that hard to
implement is best to attempt to test them now .

	Regards,
	Amancio