Date:      Fri, 24 May 1996 19:01:56 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, yves@CC.McGill.CA, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.com
Subject:   Re: SDL cards

> > Unlikely.  FreeBSD (unlike "The Linux Publicity Project") does not
> > issue press releases (even when it should).
>
> Actually, that's not quite true.  Walnut Creek sends about 70 or so
> FreeBSD "press packs" to writers and editors in the trade press around
> the world everytime a CD is done.  In the packs there's a T-shirt,
> some press release material, and a CD. :-)

That's press relations, not press releases.  A good company will
produce 1-4 releases every month.  I think the Linux publicity
project does at least that many.

It has nothing to do with whether on not you release a product
(yes, that's good for a press-pack, and a T-shirt is a good
press-pack freebie), but "...plans to" and "...has ported to"
and "...now supports" and "...can run XXX's binaraies" and
so on...

I sent some samples of "press release ideas" under seperate cover.

There's a difference between "publicity" and "marketing".

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.