Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 1997 22:54:45 -0700
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@sns.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ghosts In The Machine

At 09:45 PM 4/11/97 -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>> After login: root I recieved some mighty strange messages. One was about
bed
>> time stories that nightmares are made of ( I guess that was appropriate)
the

>I think that was just fortune running.  It does by default for new users,
>I think.

If the user is using csh, the .login file's last line calls the fortune
program. You can comment it out if you don't want it.

--Ludwig Pummer
ludwigp@sns.com     ICQ UIN: 692441    http://chipweb.home.ml.org
             http://www.sns.com/~ludwigp  <--^-- Updated 11/22/96
PGP Key & Geek Code available on web page