Date:      Mon, 27 Aug 2007 20:11:51 +0200
From:      Nikola Lecic <nlecic@EUnet.yu>
To:        Stefan Lambrev <stefan.lambrev@moneybookers.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: adding new user for a port.

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 17:16:31 +0300
Stefan Lambrev <stefan.lambrev@moneybookers.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>=20
> I'm trying to make a small port, but want to ask what is the right=20
> procedure,
> if my port requires a certain user to be on the installed system?
>=20
> Do I have to use pkg-install/pkg-deinstall for this?

Stefan,

Porter's Handbook, section "UIDs and GIDs":

  http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/dads-ui=
d-and-gids.html

  [...]
  If your port requires a certain user to be on the installed system,
  let the pkg-install script call pw to create it automatically. Look at
  net/cvsup-mirror for an example. Please note that this is strongly
  discouraged, please register user/group ID numbers as stated below.
  [..]

Read the rest of this section. There is a lot of other ports that can
serve as examples, such as sysutils/hal (see files/pkg-install.in etc.
about the user haldaemon =3D "HAL Daemon User") or print/cups-base (see
Makefile and commands in pkg-plist about the user cups =3D "CUPS Owner").

Nikola Le=C4=8Di=C4=87