Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 1997 09:25:23 -0800
From:      "Fred L. Templin" <templin@erg.sri.com>
To:        Kelvin <kelvin@uni.net.hk>, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        templin@erg.sri.com
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA card support list

Kelvin,

Are you talking about the Xircom Ethernet cards, or wireless (radio frequency)
networking cards? I'm certain the Ethernet cards are supported, but perhaps
others can give more specific details. As to the wireless networing cards,
Xircom has split this business off to a new company called NetWave who still
makes these cards. As of this writing, there is no FreeBSD driver which
supports the Xircom/NetWave wireless cards, but I'm currently 50% finished
coding one up and plan to submit the finished product to the FreeBSD community
when it's ready.

Stay tuned...

Fred
templin@erg.sri.com

P.S. Look on the PAO homepage at:

	http://www.makefile.org/FreeBSD/PAO/

     for an extensive list of supported devices. With few exceptions,
     the devices supported under PAO are also supported under the vanilla
     FreeBSD distribution.