Date:      Tue, 21 Jan 2003 08:26:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      Hunter Peress <hfastjava@yahoo.com>
To:        Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@online.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BitTorrent Mirror of 5.0

Heh..
Well, BitTorrent has many...many... UI's now.

Straight off, BitTorrent can run off the commandline as btdownloadheadless.py OR
btdownloadcurses.py (theres a curses library that comes with python, however, it
might only be for linux). Again, btdownloadhess.py is dependant on nothing but
python.

So you can make a port as is, and then when you work out your problems with wxpython
...update the port.

On debian for example, BitTorrent 3.1 is not compatible with wxpython < 2.3, so if
your running debian testing, the package simply doesnt install wxpython.

As a quick note,
its libgtkwx2.3-python that's compatible with python 2.2 and
its libgtkwx2.2-python that's compatible with python 2.1

anyway, hop on the torrent! :-)