Date:      Fri, 2 Jun 2000 08:35:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Q about the priority of a port update

Yesterday I found out that my most recent port submission (lsh) is broken
in a way that is critical to lsh, but lsh itself isn't a critical port.
It's basically a GPL and fully patent-unencumbered implementation of the
SECSH (ssh2) protocol.

Basically, the lsh-authorize script is a wrapper around another program,
sexp-conv.  One of the flags to sexp-conv was changed (from -o to -f),
which breaks the wrapper.  However, lsh-authorize wasn't updated, and is
only used when setting up lsh, so I was the first lsh user to report this
problem, 4 days after the programs release.  However, this will be an
issue to new lsh users.

So, do I submit a critical port update for a port that isn't critical?
The fix is to patch one of the patches in lsh/patches, as I'm almost
totally rewriting the lsh-authorize script in the first place due to heavy
bash dependancy.