Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 2002 22:39:27 -0500
From:      Steve Fettig <lists@stevenfettig.com>
To:        Michael Wells <mwvw@adelphia.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KVM problems

Michael Wells wrote:

>I am installing 4.5 release and attempting to set it up with
>a Belkin OmniView KVM.  If I boot up and start the setup
>on the BSD machine everything is fine until I switch over and
>then come back.  Upon returning to the BSD machine
>the mouse behaves erratically and continuing is impossible.
>Any thoughts on what I could be doing wrong?

Michael,

I had the same thing happen on two different Belkin KVM's  (one being
the Omniview)-- something makes me think that they aren't what they were
cracked up to be -- and I had to turn off the scroll wheel option on my
mouse in X to keep this from happening (this was also regardless of
desktop environ. like KDE, Gnome or Windowmaker).  This always happened
on a *nix (FreeBSD, SuSE and RH Linux w/ X) but not the Windows
machines...  I just think they aren't designed well enough to work with
*nix's -- but, like I said, problem was solved once I turned off the
scroll wheel function.  I also deal with odd issues with the keyboard
that finally go away after switching back and forth between machines....
 Since I already sunk the money, I have to put up with it unless someone
else has a clue as to what is happening.

Steve