Date:      Sun, 07 Jun 2009 17:10:10 +0300
From:      Nikos Vassiliadis <nvass9573@gmx.com>
To:        Daniel Underwood <djuatdelta@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Set Terminal "title" in xfce to pwd

Daniel Underwood wrote:
> How can I change the Terminal title (the title shown on open instances
> of Terminal on the panel in xfce) to display *only* the present
> working directory.  Currently they all show "Terminal - daniel@bsdbox:
> ~", for example.

That's shell dependent. You can change an xterm's title
by printing a specific character sequence. For example:

printf '\033]0;%s\007' 'The title goes here'

Then you have to alter the string - to include your working
directory - every time you change a line. Check the following
page for your shell:

http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/Xterm-Title.html

HTH, Nikos