Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:13:41 -0700
From:      Pat Maddox <pergesu@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Do I need to make /var bigger?

I just got a new dedicated server setup with FreeBSD, and noticed that
the /var partition is only 260MB.  That seems like it could be a big
problem, considering all the logs will go in there, as well as mail.
What should I do about this?  Do I need to do an OS reload and have a
bigger /var partition made up?  I've got an 80 gig hard drive, so
space isn't really an issue.  Doesn't make sense to me that I've got a
77 gig /usr partition, and only 260MB allocated to /var.