Date:      Sun, 24 Apr 2011 11:15:43 +0200
From:      Romain Garbage <romain.garbage@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   USE_PYDISTUTILS and easy_install

Hello list,

I'm currently trying to create my first port. The program to port is
python-based and the setup.py contains an install_requires directive.
I was wondering if dependencies could be triggered by the setup.py
file by just putting USE_PYDISTUTILS=easy_install in the Makefile, or
do I have to use RUN_DEPENDS and BUILD_DEPENDS variables?
I searched for ports using USE_PYDISTUTILS=easy_install, but all I
have looked into also use RUN_DEPENDS and BUILD_DEPENDS.

Regards,
Romain