Date:      Sat, 20 May 2006 20:23:57 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Soeren Straarup <xride@x12.dk>
To:        Marius Nuennerich <marius.nuennerich@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: geomgui version 0.8

On Sat, 20 May 2006, Marius Nuennerich wrote:

> On Fri, 19 May 2006 23:36:43 +0200 (CEST)
> Soeren Straarup <xride@x12.dk> wrote:
>

>> Hi
>>
>> I would like some feedback on a little project of mine.
>>
>> The port:
>> http://xride.dk/pub/geomgui-port-0.8.tar.gz
>>
>> The actual source code:
>> http://xride.dk/pub/geomgui-0.8.tar.gz
>>
>> The things it does for now is to display the geom layout.
>> It is a X program, one can use it like 'geomgui' and it will show it from
>> the current box or 'geomgui -r user@host' and it makes a ssh connection to
>> user@host via ssh (if there is a passwd/passphrase this is beeing asked
>> for in the console that geomgui was started from).
>>
>> It writes to following files and leaves them, just i case the user wants
>> them:
>> /tmp/geomgui.dot /tmp/geomgui.svg /tmp/geomgui.xml
>>
>> What would be a nice feature to add to it?
>
> Hi,
>
> nice tool :)
>
> What about these switches?
> -h: humanize number for the mediasize
> -c: use different colors for different things

There is a version 0.9 up on that site now .. with -h and -c
functionality.

Still to get fixed is the zoom limits.. forgot those in the battle of
getting colors and human readable values implemeted.

'H' toggles values between orig and humanreadable
'c' toggles between no or colors

Next to look at is so that there is an popup on passwd or phrase.

Is there other things that would be nice to have?

vbr Soeren

Soeren Straarup   | aka OZ2DAK aka Xride
FreeBSD wannabe   | FreeBSD since 2.2.6-R
   Incorrect documentation is often worse than no documentation.
   - Bertrand Meyer