Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:45:21 -0600 (CST)
From:      "David Huttleston Jr" <dhjr@hddesign.com>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Extended DOS Partition

The Question:  How can we mount a ext3 partition hidden inside
an Extended DOS partition?

The Story:  We just switched a developer workstation from
RedHat8 to FreeBSD 4.7 RELEASE (we're now "All FreeBSD"
for our servers and our core dev team. :)  We installed
fbsd on a new harddrive, and the old harddrive with the
rh8 system is now the slave on the primary ide controller.
We want to move all of Chris's (the developer) work files
and dot files over to the fbsd drive.  In the past this
has been easy by enabling the ext2fs support in the kernel.
The problem is that we can mount the root partition, but the
other ext3 partitions seem to be hidden behind an "Extended
DOS" partition.  At least thats what fdisk implies.

Thanks,
  Dave

--
David Huttleston Jr