Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 15:29:17 -0500
From:      "Andrew C. Hornback" <achornback@worldnet.att.net>
To:        "Dorr H. Clark" <dclark@applmath.scu.edu>, <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: support for happy lights on PC?

	This may not be of much help, but if you could get ahold of an older ALR
Revolution Q-4SMP machine, I think you'd be half-way home.  Those old boxes
lit up like Christmas trees, long string of lights indicating things like
ISA bus interrupts, EISA bus interrupts, memory usage, disk usage, etc.

	Or, perhaps another way might be to find a NIC that has a connector for an
external activity light and just have the machine ping out or another
machine ping in on a continual basis.  Given the speed of most LAN hardware
anymore, that shouldn't be a significant hit, performance wise.

--- Andy