Date:      Sun, 08 Feb 2004 10:35:11 -0600
From:      "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>
To:        "Loren M. Lang" <lorenl@alzatex.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenLDAP and Mozilla Messenger

--------------enigC02463D3AE8BD5C53AFD84EB

Loren M. Lang wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 06:06:32PM -0600, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
>
>>Does anybody know of a "GOOD" HOWTO to get Mozilla Messenger and
>>OpenLDAP (2.2) to work well together [for addressbooks]?
>>
>>I have been searching for doco all day and I have downloaded schema and
>>entered configurations to no avail.
>>

> I don't know about any howtos off-hand, but the #ldap channel on
> irc.freenode.net was a good help to me.  I used the inetOrgPerson schema
> which is the same schema for M$ Outlook, Pine, and several other mail
> clients.  Also, for Mozilla to work, I needed to add the following line:
>
> allow bind_v2

AHA!   That worked.  I had Outlook reading just fine, but Netscape
wouldn't do it.  This has moved a long way in the right directly.  Now
the only trouble I am having is with some invalid Mozilla atributes in
my ldif file, most second emails and the like.  Here is an example:

ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
         additional info: attribute 'mozillaSecondemail' not allowed

This is defined in the schema, so I am not sure why it is failing ... is
there a better schema to use somewhere?

Thanks in advance,

Tom Veldhouse