Date:      Thu, 1 Sep 2022 16:34:25 +0000
From:      Amar Takhar <verm@darkbeer.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Alder Lake and similar CPU support for FreeBSD

On 2022-08-31 23:39 -0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> An update. Alder Lake and soft updates don't seem to get along. After several
> crashes, all VFS related, I disables soft updates and, several hundred port
> builds later, not a single panic.
>
> If you have had problems with an Alder Lake system and have soft updates
> enabled, try turning them off. See tunefs(8) for details. Must be done after a
> stand after a single user boot before the file system is mounted RW.

This has fixed the issue for me on 13.1 I did try CURRENT last night but had the
same issue.  I don't know why I didn't think of turning soft updates off great
find thanks!

Now the only two issues are sound popping and general system bogginess when
things get loaded especially if you're playing a video.

Amar.