Date:      Thu, 4 Jul 2002 20:58:33 -0700 (MST)
From:      bodkins <bodkins@ns.prologic.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   repeating - ISC emulation question

Hi,

   I am having problems getting a simple socket() call to work under IBCS2
emulation. This is the code as compiled on ISC.

int ServerSocket;
int main(){

   ServerSocket = socket(2, 1, 6);
   if ( ServerSocket < 0) {
      printf("ConnectToServer:Cannot create socket # %d\n", errno);
      return(-1);
   }

   printf("created ok\n");

}

   I hardcoded the args just to avoid any header inconsitencies. I get an
ENOENT (2) error.

   This is my /compat/ibcs2/dev directory. (Note, it was built as a link to
/usr/compat. Although I tried it at /compat just to check)

FreeBSD/usr/chms/src/ngsubs > ls -lF /compat/ibcs2/dev
total 0
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel         9 Jul  2 01:07 X0R@ -> /dev/null
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel         7 Jul  2 01:07 nfsd@ -> socksys
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root  wheel         0 Jul  2 01:08 null*
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel         9 Jul  2 01:07 socksys@ -> /dev/null
crwxrwxrwx  1 root  wheel   41,   1 Jul  2 01:08 spx*

   This is a kldstat

gate# kldstat
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1    7 0xc0100000 3a5184   kernel
 2    2 0xc124a000 a000     ibcs2.ko
 3    1 0xc1258000 3000     ibcs2_coff.ko
 4    1 0xc125f000 4000     logo_saver.ko
 5    1 0xc1265000 12000    linux.ko
 6    1 0xc128d000 3000     streams.ko
 7    1 0xc1292000 11000    svr4.ko
gate#

   Everything else seems to work (out of about 862,000 lines of code) but this. I am a little disappointed in the lack of responses. (Not that anyone has to do that you understand). But this speaks volumes for commercial products.

   Any ideas?

Thanks
Jim