Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 1997 14:10:10 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@korin.warman.org.pl>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   SecurID authentication

Hello!

For those interested, I added support for Security Dynamics' smartcard
authentication to standard login.

So now you can have:
* SecurID username/PASSCODE. If the network is down, it falls back to
* Kerberos or S/Key or ordinary password (depends on #defines it was
  compiled with)

Unfortunately, I am forbidden by licence agreement to post the code itself
:-((((. It seems that even their APIs are confidential :-((

BUT... I'm willing to help anyone who wishes to implement it in his own
system. In other words: the modifications require some pieces of
proprietary code, which you will have if you install the ACE/Server
software (and BSDI client). Then I can send the diffs to original
ACE/Client software, and to the FreeBSD's login.c.

Anyone interested?

Andy,

Andrzej Bialecki <abial@warman.org.pl>    _)    _)   _)_)   _)_)_) _)  _)
Research and Academic Network in Poland   _)  _)_) _)_)_)_)     _) _) _)
Bartycka 18, 00-716 Warsaw, Poland        _)    _) _)    _) _)_)_) _)  _)