Date:      Mon, 1 Mar 1999 18:56:18 -0600
From:      Karl Denninger <karl@Denninger.Net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   NAT and related stuff

Hi folks,

Well, its my first forey into NAT and the fun that comes with it.

Some questions....

I want to do the following:

1.	Have a small "external" network connected via ISDN to the world -
	say, two usable addresses (the router and the FreeBSD box).

2.	Have an unlimited number of internal machines connected to
	the "inside network", with their addresses served (most of them
	anyway) by DHCP.

3.	Have a couple of internal machines that have "exposed" things - that
	is, for example, 192.168.1.1:80 really shows up as
	205.164.6.10:2222.

4.	Anyone on an internal machine can browse the net, etc -
	transparently.  I can run DNS on the local FreeBSD machine (and do
	currently), so that part is not a problem.

What do I need to set up in order to do this?

Karl Denninger (karl@denninger.net) http://www.mcs.net/~karl
I ain't even *authorized* to speak for anyone other than myself, so give
up now on trying to associate my words with any particular organization.