Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:41:49 -0400
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>, <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Verisign, Thawte, Entrust, whom?

On 21 Oct 2002 at 13:25, Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. wrote:

> Well, not to beat a dead horse,
> but since we've recently chatted
> about registrars, who do you like
> for your SSL certs?

Some friends are looking at this issue now. So far, we have settled
on http://www.instantssl.com/ but found that http://www.freessl.com/
is even cheaper so will look at them closer before deciding.

There's a bit of a list (from one of the vendors mind you) at
http://www.whichssl.com/

> I'm setting up my first (blush)
> and am getting tired of the site
> hype....

Decide what you need your cert for.  In our case, we are merely
encrypting the traffic and do not need any financial transactions.

--
Dan Langille