Date:      Tue, 5 Oct 1999 23:55:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        wasprouse@earthlink.net (Wayne Sprouse)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG ('freebsd-questions@freebsd.org')
Subject:   Re: Unable to Boot!

Wayne Sprouse wrote,
> To Whom It May Concern:
>
>       I am having problems getting FreeBSD 3.2 to boot. I am able to
> install it just fine but when I try to boot to FreeBSD it will not go. I
> get to the Boot Manager and it gives me the options of: F1 - DOS and F5 -
> Disk 1. I press F5 and the boot manager comes up again. So I press F5 again
> and the boot manager comes up a third time. When I press F5 a third time an
> error comes up saying "Invalid System Disk. Please insert a system disk and
> press any key to continue." At this point the only option that I have is to
> cold boot my machine. If at anytime during the boot manager options I press
> F1 it boots up into Win98. I have tried multiple times to get this to work
> and can not. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be most appreciated. My
> system Configuration consists of the following:
[snip]
> 3) Adaptec AHA-2940UW
> 4) Three Quantum UW SCSI HD
> 5) Plextor UltraPlex Ultra-SCSI CD-ROM

You have left out some important info:

- On which drive did you put FreeBSD?

- How is the drive sliced (MS-DOS partitioned)?

- How is the FreeBSD slice partitioned?

- Where/How did you add the boot code?

The BootEasy does seem to be OK, but for some reason, it does not see
the FreeBSD slice. Where is the slice and what BIOS do you have?