Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2001 20:18:29 -0400
From:      Jud <jud@operamail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   New Hardware FreeBSD Compatible?

I'm building a new machine, keeping some of the old parts,
and wondering whether there are any (more or less:)
informed opinions out there re: whether my XFree86-
4/FreeBSD 4.2 (soon to be 4.3) based system will work with
the new stuff.  The new stuff is:

1) AMD 1.33Ghz Tbird (not expecting problems with this)

2) ASUS A7M266 mobo

3) Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM

4) Pioneer DR116 DVD/CD-ROM

Also, next month when it becomes available, I plan to get
a new video card, the Hercules 3D Prophet 4500, based on
an unusual chipset, the Kyro II.  However, even if this
doesn't work with X/FreeBSD, I'll be able to keep my
current card, so it won't be a critical problem.

If anyone does foresee problems, and has solutions to
suggest, I admit to being a relative newbie.  Thus, I'd
probably be doing my system and myself a favor by not
attempting anything particularly complicated or hairy.

TIA for any advice.

Jud