Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2002 21:03:24 +0100
From:      Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
To:        Ben Stroeken <ben.stroeken@home.nl>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KDevelop

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 08:55:49PM +0100, Ben Stroeken wrote:

Hi Ben,

> After digging into the config.log file the configure script appears to be
> fail
> at the following command: /usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot find -lqt
>=20
> After looking into the man ld, this means that a libqt.a file will be
> loaded.

The configure scripts generated by KDevelop do not work on FreeBSD out
of the box and need to be patched before you run them from the Build
command in KDevelop:

	perl -pi -e 's@lqt@lqt2@g' configure
	perl -pi -e 's@moc@moc2@g' configure

Then you can keep working from inside KDevelop.

> I already updated to qt-2.3.1_1, which still gives the same problem.

What happens is that FreeBSD ports system allows you to keep two
versions of the same library, so, while many programs assume that Qt
version 2.x is libqt.so ,it's name is libqt2.so in FreeBSD

Cheers,
--=20
        Miguel Mendez - flynn@energyhq.homeip.net
        GPG Public Key :: http://energyhq.homeip.net/files/pubkey.txt