Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:03:32 -0700
From:      "Guerry Semones" <gsemones@treenleaf.com>
To:        <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Compiling C++ JNI Application with FreeBSD JDK1.3.1 GREEN Threads? Help!

:-),

We have a C++ application that we are porting from Windows 2000 to
FreeBSD.  The application makes calls from C++ to Java classes via
JNI and the libjvm.so stuff.  We tried linking in the *_g.so libs,
as well as the the non-_g.so libs.  The application compiles, but
upon execution, we get the following message:

Cannot
open "/usr/local/jdk1.3.1/jre/lib/i386/native_threads/libhpi_g.so"*
** Signal 11

For whatever reason, something is looking for the native_threads
directory (which doesn't exist!), rather than
the /usr/local/jdk1.3.1/jre/lib/i386/green_threads/libhpi_g.so
which does....

We are using pointing to the classic jvm.  Also, we'd just as well
choose to use native_threads, but we get the impression that they
aren't available yet for FreeBSD.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Guerry