Date:      Wed, 03 Nov 1999 11:46:52 -0600
From:      "Jonathan E. Lyons" <parrothd@midwest.net>
To:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DNS named-xfer

Well, that just sucks....hehe.....

Is there an option that I should have in my named.conf that will notify the
secondary name servers that a change has been named? Or do I just have to
wait until refresh, since I don't have access to that machine. I'm running
the newer version of BIND 8(?), not sure about the other machine....

Thanks for the reply!

At 12:33 PM 11/3/99 -0500, Michael Lucas wrote:
>Only if you have a shell account on the secondary.
>
>> Is there a way to transfere DNS zone information from the primay machine to
>> secondary manually? I've tried named-xfer, but it looks like it's trying to
>> transfere the zone from the secondary to the primay, the reverse of what I
>> want to do.. :(

Jonathan E. Lyons
parrothd@midwest.net			Nucleus Consulting
ICQ # 14226912				www.nucleusconsulting.com
Cell # 773-251-1967			A+, MCSE, CCNA, FreeBSD!
Pager # 7732511967@mobile.att.net