Date:      Tue, 25 Dec 2001 11:18:25 -0800
From:      Jim Mock <mij@soupnazi.org>
To:        Julio Merino <juli@merino.net>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Writting a book

On Tue, 25 Dec 2001 at 20:01:43 +0100, Julio Merino wrote:
> Hi all
>
> This question is not related to the FreeBSD documentation but I think
> that this is a good place to ask my question...
>
> I'm writting a little book, and I'm using docbook xml (should I use
> sgml?). The problem is that I've been writtin it from Debian. Now in
> FreeBSD, my Makefile does not work, that uses jade.
>
> I haven't found good documentation about how to use jade so I can't
> convert my Makefile to get it working under FreeBSD. This is really
> annoying me...

Take a look at the Makefiles for the handbook and the other docs.  The
docproj port (/usr/ports/textproc/docproj) should also come in handy...
it will install everything you need.

> Where can I find _good_ info about jade and docbook/xml?
>
> BTW, do you think that openjade is better?

Last I knew, the doc project's issue with openjade was that it worked
fine for english documents, but didn't handle other charsets that well.
Whether or not this has changed, I don't know... I haven't been
following things that closely lately (I'm guessing it hasn't since the
port is still using jade and not openjade).

- jim

--
jim mock <mij@soupnazi.org>     http://soupnazi.org/ | jim@FreeBSD.org