Date:      Mon, 15 May 2017 08:48:34 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Printer advice

El día domingo, mayo 14, 2017 a las 04:41:11p. m. +0200, Polytropon escribió:

> > > I wonder if anyone can offer advice on a new printer. My old HP 4550N
> > > has finally given up the ghost after more than 16 years of semi-faithful
> > > service.
> > >
> > > I'm looking for a color laser printer with ethernet interface and
> > > Postscript comprehension. I'm currently looking at the HP M553n and the
> > > Xerox Phaser 6515DN, but if you have other suggestions, ideas,
> > > caveats... I'd love to hear them. Thanks.

I'm using with FreeBSD 12-CURRENT (with cups 2.2.2) a printer/scanner,
a  HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277

works fine with:
- Postscript
- PCL
- scans and sends the scan to configured e-mail addr as PDF or JPEG
- configuration via browser

it could do outbound fax as well, but unused/untested by me

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
8. Mai 1945: Wer nicht feiert hat den Krieg verloren.